Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blog Post 3

How did the activities that we completed both inside and outside of the classroom affect our perspective on teaching?
The activities that we were assigned to us this week were what I felt to be meaningful experiences. I felt that they offered me a better perspective of how to approach teaching in a classroom and helped me to produce realizations about how I view the various types of environments I surround myself in. The first activity that we were advised to do was to be done outside of class in a public place. This activity required us to sit and observe what we saw in the particular public place we were at and reflect on what we witnessed. In my reflection, I explained the descriptions of what I assumed to be observing and interpretations of what I seemed to misperceive. Another activity that we completed in class involved exploring how cultural influences may affect your identity. I really enjoyed this activity because it helped me to explore the different influences in my own life that have affected how I approach and handle situations. It was also very interesting to hear some of my peer’s thoughts about their own cultural influences. When we discussed what influenced us to want to become teachers, one of my peers explained how his parent’s divorce helped him decide that he wanted to become a teacher. I found this so unusual and inspiring in a way that something that could have been traumatic or frustrating could affect your decision of what kind of profession you would like to have one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment