Thursday, November 6, 2014

Blog Post 10


Over the past ten weeks I have learned so much from my experience in this education class. My perspective of teaching has definitely changed because of everything that I have been exposed throughout the semester. Between the readings from Bill Ayers, To Teach and An Education as well as the in-class projects and class field observations I have formulated my own opinion of teaching. The readings have made me develop thought provoking ideas and consider that there are many different ways to teach in an academic setting. I have also benefited from the group projects that we have worked on in class because I enjoy collaborating ideas with people who share the same passion and interest for teaching that I do. The field observation hours that we have completed as a class have also served as an advantage to me because I have bee able to witness firsthand what it is like to be in a classroom as a bystander rather than a student. By being exposed to different levels of education I have realized which kind of setting I would be most comfortable teaching in. By taking this class I have gained a profound appreciation and admiration for teaching because it has offered a strong introduction to the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment