Saturday, November 8, 2014

Field Blog Post 3


I absolutely loved my experience at The Agnon School because it offered me an excellent glimpse of the level of education that I am interested in teaching. I was placed in Inez, Michelle, and Beth’s kindergarten class with three of my classmates where we all became mesmerized by everything that we observed. The first thing that I noticed was the form of communication that was conveyed between the teachers and students, which was very conversational and comfortable. The students addressed their teachers by their first names rather than addressing them with a formal title, which made the environment seem super casual. I thought this was so fascinating and challenged the traditional teaching style that you usually see in most schools. Another thing that I found interesting was how the Jewish faith was incorporated into the curriculum. Every student in this kindergarten class was almost completely fluent in the Hebrew language that I thought was so cool because I had never been exposed to this type of learning environment before. I noticed that every child was able to remain focused despite the distraction of guests in their classroom because their teachers knew how to keep them engaged and interested. Another thing that was interesting to me was how the three teachers in the classroom successful collaborated their teaching tasks between each other. I would have thought that having three teachers in a classroom is too confusing and overwhelming for students, but I was wrong. To conclude, I admire the amount of value that this school has for the Jewish faith and the emphasis that is put on the religious traditions and practices. I am also moved by how much passion and dedication all of the teachers and administrators have for the students of the school

No comments:

Post a Comment