Monday, November 17, 2014

Field Blog Post 5


My second day visiting Mrs. Parisi and Mrs. Schueler’s kindergarten class at Gesu School was just as exciting and chaotic as my first visit. Fridays seem to be one of the quieter days for the kindergarteners, which seemed fitting to me because I think they deserve to have the opportunity to play and relax. When I arrived that morning many of the students recognized me from my visit the other day and a few kids even came up to me and gave me a hug. The students once again began the day by completing bellwork. That day their bellwork involved cutting and pasting pictures that correlated with “sh” sounding words. It was interesting to see how diligently and focused each student worked on this assignment. After the students finished their bellwork they went to the computer lab for computer class. During computer time, Mrs. Parisi centered her lesson on numbers and shapes where the kindergarteners had to find a certain number of different items and place them on the screen. I like that she incorporated a math lesson into an assignment that the students were completing in computer class. All of the activities that I witnessed occurring in this kindergarten class were very familiar to me and refreshed memories of my own kindergarten experiences. I realized that I was being taught moral lessons at that young of an age but in a way that I was able to comprehend. The time that I have spent observing in this kindergarten class has changed how I see teachers who teach students of this age group and challenged my feelings towards teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment